Friday, June 1, 2012

Drugstore Haul - Revlon, Maybelline, L'Oreal, Pure ICE

1. Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Eyeshadow in Painted Purple - Wasn't really into cream shadow too much until I tried these. Love them!

2. Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Flared in Blackest Black - I tried this years ago and absolutley hated it, but I heard they changed the formula so I decided to pick one up. It's often compared to Lancome Hypnose mascara which I have not tried, however, I really do like this new formula because it does give a little volume without weighing down my lashes.

3. L'Oreal Colour Riche leGloss in 159 Golden Splash - This gloss is really pretty. The color I got is a sheer peachy color with really fine golden shimmer and it's a great tasting gloss. Only slightly sticky.

4. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Matte Stormy Pink - I'm not sure how staying power is but it's a nice color, on the more sheer side of a lipstick. Also had no gross lipstick taste, which I was very happy about.

5. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss SPF 15 in Coral Reef and Pink Pop - I saw these glosses and thought the packaging was cute so I grabbed a couple. I have actually never heard of these glosses, but I am glad I picked a couple up. They have a nice sheer color and don't really taste like anthing to me, which is good. Normally I can't speak for staying power because I rub my lips together a lot, but this I tested and it was on for over a half hour or so. For a gloss that seemed decent to me.

6. Pure ICE Nail Polish (from left) in Twinkle, Spitfire, Mint Dream, and Homerun - Such pretty colors and extremely cheap nail polish (under $2). However, I don't recommend these if you're not that great at painting nails. The formula is kind of thick and gets sticky/tacky easily which makes it very easy to make your nails a clumpy textured mess. I did one coat on the thin side, then a really thick second coat, and used Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Top Coat to help them dry quickly. You can only brush a couple times before it starts to get tacky and clumpy so you have to get the product in the right place the first time. Overall, I am happy with these still though!

2 comments:

  1. love your blog following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me very happy to hear :)! I love talking to other people who enjoy some of the same things I do!

    ReplyDelete